The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) has issued Circular No. 23 of 2020 on setting working hours for commercial and service activities so that they would be from Sunday, 31 May 2020 be from 07:00 AM to 01:00 PM, with the exception of some activities.
The Ministry said that within the framework of the preventative measures taken by the State of Qatar to curb the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and in order to complete the previous decisions and measures, working hours for commercial and service activities have been set so that they would be from Sunday, 31 May 2020 from 07:00 AM to 01:00 PM. The below activities are expected from excepted from this decision on setting the working hours:
selling food products, consumer goods, and subsidized supplies, hypermarkets,
supermarkets, groceries and shops selling fruits and vegetables.
– Petrol stations and car service stations.
– Maintenance companies (plumbing, electricity and electronics services).
– Companies delivering orders through electronic apps.
– Telecommunications companies.
– Maintenance workshops and agencies.
– Logistics services companies and freight firms operating in ports, airports, and customs services.
– Companies operating in the hospitality sector.
– Restaurants, cafeterias and cafes (coffee shops) are allowed to deliver or hand over orders to customers outside the business place. However, restaurants and cafes in malls are allowed only to process delivery orders. These outlets are prohibited from handing over orders to customers, both inside and outside the premises.
Source: Government of Qatar